If you’re moving your app from Windows Desktop to Windows Embedded Standard, or from Standard to Windows 10 IoT, then our fixed-price image conversion service is the fast, reliable route to a working solution.
We will take your existing OS image, based on either a desktop operating system – typically Windows 7 or 8 and create a new image based on Windows Embedded Standard Standard 7, Windows Embedded 8, or Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, including Embedded Enabling features that make your embedded product more reliable and secure.
A typical image conversion would include:
- Set-up and build development environment, including target hardware and software.
- Target BIOS configuration and documentation
- Create Bootable media and set-up
- Set-up Windows pre-installation environment (Windows PE)
- Execute Image Builder Wizard (IBW) process
- Configure the installation
- Any custom components needed to support the target hardware will be added to the configuration
- Using Image Configuration Editor (ICE) configure embedded enabling features, such as Enhanced Write Filter
- Using Image Configuration Editor (ICE) configure Languages, OS updates, SMI settings, and target application requirements
- Generalise a master image using Sysprep
- Capture image into WIM file using ImageX or Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
- Test the generalised master
- Build, test and ship system package for customer testing and acceptance
The process for Windows 8, and Windows 10 is similar in concept.
We are able to offer a fixed pricing basis for desktop to embedded conversion – please call or email for further details.